Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIPW number 19






Sadly, I was all proud of myself working away on my crochet hat and got about two thirds done, when I  realized that it was WAY too big...  so, I frogged (what else could I do?) and restarted it with a smaller hook.  Now I'm worried it's going to be too small...  I really have no business crocheting.  I don't know what I'm doing with it and have no idea about crochet gauge and therefore, end up with problems...  oh well, I like the pattern and worst case scenario, it will be a child's hat!!!  Right?!  So, here it is in all it's lavender glory:


Hat redo

The pattern is here.  It is a child's pattern, but I like it and wanted it for an adult...  oh well, either way, someone will wear it, right?  For more WIP's, hop on over to Tami's blog!

6 comments:

  1. If I had a spare two skeins of fingering weight, I'd try to make this just to see how it turns out. :) But I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only made one cracohet thing, and that went ok(ish!), but the concept of having to make it fit is terrifying to me... So, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If at first you don't succeed... ! Maybe the hat will fit! Maybe if you wash it and block it, it will come to just the right size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is so cute. I'm sure it will fit someone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute pattern! I find that fit is such an issue when I make hats, legwarmers, whatever. I pretty much cannot make anything unless the person I am giving it to is in my family so I can keep trying it on them and adjusting the pattern as I go! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a cute hat and a beautiful color. If it's too small it will fit someone...Heads come in all sizes.

    ReplyDelete