Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Sunday, March 14, 2010

Power Loss Weekend

So the hurricane like winds finally blew out our power around 4:30 pm yesterday. I was surprised it stayed on that long! We went out to dinner to the infamous Plum Tree and found out that our favorite waitress had QUIT!!!! For me, it was traumatic!! She understood my gluten allergy and would always come up with creative dishes for me. It was so awesome. Instead we had a very "efficient" waitress who was no nonsense and I just got plain steamed veggies and shrimp with no sauce... no special soup for me and no special sauce... It was still good - I just missed my special attention. :-(

Good news was, I finished the left side of my sweater jacket and started the right side. It's moving along - woo hoo!!

We came home to a dark house and the boys had a ball with lighting the fireplace and candles. Jarett and I sat with our reading lights and books and Bryan and Matt played on their ipods. The electric finally came back around 12:30 in the morning. But, with no power and no alarm to set and then having to set the clocks forward, by the time we all woke up, Jarett missed Hebrew School. He's not too sad... Anyway, my mom's coming to cook for Passover so it'll be easier anyway to not have to worry about running out to get him.

Until she gets here, I think I"ll knit...

No comments:

Post a Comment