Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Sunday, May 8, 2011

Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival

A bunch of us from my Langhorne Knitters Group had an amazing time at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. This was my first time going and it was a lot of fun! I have to admit though, I am still exhausted and my entire body aches from all the walking and carrying things around. We met at Rosie's Yarn Shop in center city and took a bus to MD. Here I am on the bus knitting:

Me on the bus

We had a fun but long ride. At the entrance to the Festival the bus got stuck - yes, stuck! We had to be driven into the Festival by hay wagon!! It was funny!


Bus broke down


Here it is again:


Our new ride

It was so cool to see so many people knitting, crocheting and spinning. Some people were camped out on the grass with their spinning wheels!


Spinning on the grounds

Of course, there were lots of live animals as well. Somehow, I missed the goats and bunnies but did get some cute pics of Alpacas and Sheep:


Cute alpaca


Cute sheep!




Sheepy


I bought lots of goodies but will share them tomorrow. I've decided to participate in ABC week. An idea thought up by Charlotte, http://accidental-knitter.blogspot.com/, where every week you make your post about something beginning with the letters of the alphabet in ABC order. So, tomorrow's post will begin with the letter "A." Until then... happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment