Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Monday, May 9, 2011

"A" is for Accessories!!

As I said in last post, I am participating in "ABC" week with Charlotte. The point is to post each week with a letter of the alphabet going in alphabetical order. So to begin with.... "A" is for Accessories! Off we go!

I had so much fun shopping at MDS&W and although I did cave and buy some yarn, I bought lots of things to go with all of my fiber habits. First up, since witchyknits4ewe, LLC is now official, licensed and registered, I bought an adorable business card holder. How cute is he?!



Sheep card holder


Here is a side view so you can see where the cards go:





Sheepy card holder


Here is one more shot of him with my cards and sitting next to my hysterical "old lady in a beach chair knitting" that my friend brought back from Florida for me:



Sheepy with old lady

Next up is the yarn - notice the color theme, yes, they are almost identical. They kind of look black in the pics, but they are a deep wine color with some black and the sock weight one has a bit of purple/blue to it. They are going to be used to make a lacey shrug and a shawlette:



Zohar's socks yarn

Swiss lace 918 yds

I also bought Wendy Johnson's travel patterns of Socks Toe Up:



Wendy's Sock Patterns

And who could resist these socks?! My friend Trudy got the same pair!



Sheepy socks!

Aren't they fun! I also bought a beautiful wooden shawl pin, made by who else? Plymouth, of course!! (That is a private joke for those who know me)




Shawl pin

In order to support my spinning habit, I wanted a real Knitty Knoddy as opposed to the "fake" PVC one I've been using. I have to put this one together, but it's by Ashford, same as my wheel.




Knitty Noddy

Finally, I bought an Orifice Hook for my wheel. I had one but it was a plain old hook - this one is pretty!! Jewels and pretty!!



Spinning Wheel orafice hook

Here is a close up of the jewels:


Close up orifice hook

So, there we are! A beautiful day full of lovely company and lovely splurges!! A great time was had by all! Woo! Hoo!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you went on an accessory spree! Love all the items you've accumulated, especially that gorgeous yarn and cute business card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the business card holder - definitely a must-have accessory for any self-respecting yarnie person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much swag! Great pictures, I am looking forward to your ABCs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool stuff! Those socks are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love retail therapy! You got some great buys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to get a book on toe up socks. Please let me know how this one is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have some great finds! I love the socks and the shawl pin especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! You found such cool items. I want one of each, except the orifice hook since I don't have a apinning wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! You found such cool items. I want one of each, except the orifice hook since I don't have a apinning wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool stuff! Those socks are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the business card holder - definitely a must-have accessory for any self-respecting yarnie person!

    ReplyDelete