Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On the way to Crochet!

Jarett asked for another blanket. My first reaction was no, I've made him a couple already, he has my grandmother's and we bought him a fleece blanket in December. I was watching Knit and Crochet Now (formerly Knit and Crochet Today) when he saw this blanket. He reasoned that I've knit him blankets but never crocheted him a blanket. Of course, he wanted it to be three solid blues - light, medium and dark. They don't make the yarn called for in the pattern in the "right" colors so I decided to be creative and make it using Caron Simply Soft and doubling the yarn to get the heavier weight needed for the blanket. I think it's still going to be a couple inches narrower than the pattern, but worst case senario, I'll crochet down the sides. Here is the yarn I'm using:


yarn fo Jar's blanket

I saved the project for Tuesday so I could start it during Knit Night when there would be people there who were more familiar with crochet in case I got stuck. Here is the blanket so far - I only did a couple of rows, but so far so good!


Soft wave chevron throw

I'll post more as I go along. I'm having fun with this though - I'm glad he talked me into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment