Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Monday, May 31, 2010

Messed up posts... CT visit

I tried to send posts from my phone while in CT. Clearly, it didn't work. There was no consistent signal there and somehow, one post did go through, but not the rest... To annoy me more, it wasn't even the first post that went through! The saying "No rhyme or reason" comes to mind....

Anyway, we went to CT to visit Bryan's roommate from college and his wife. Lori is the one who always is so inspiring with her creativity and thoughfulness. She had my parents come too because she knows how close we are and didn't want them to be alone on a holiday weekend. She made the sweetest baskets for us as a welcome on our beds. Here is mine, Bryan's and the boys" :





Here is the beautiful set up for my parents:








Of course, part of being such a wonderful hostess is knowing your company. Check out the fresh fruits and veggies that awaited me in the kitchen!! (BTW, how beautiful is her kitchen?!)



Needless to say, we had a wonderful weekend. It's always good to be home, but it is such a wonderful treat to visit good friends - especially when they spoil you!! I'll leave you with a picture of one of the bird feeders in her back yard with two beautiful yellow finches:




Now to delete the messages from my phone before they send like the others and mix up my weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think Lori sounds like the kind of woman we try to be like:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such an inspiration and evertime I come back from visiting them, I clean out all my clutter and straighten up the house! She's like Martha Stewart - perfect! An amazing cook, decorator, hostess and friend! No one could ask for more - I strive to be like her!! Then of course, reality will set in and I realize that I can't cook and the laundry is piled up and I'm running ragged with all the kids' activities... lol! It's nice for the spurt of perfection though, even if it's short lived!!

    ReplyDelete