Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Sunday, June 13, 2010

Musical Confessions

I'm doing report cards right now (well, actually stopped to blog, lol!) and the good part is that I can sit and ponder things while waiting for screens to change and load.... So, here is what I've been pondering... A month ago, Brennan and Max came to visit. They play the same instruments as Jarett and Matt - piano and guitar (or "goo-eey" as Matt calls it). The house was rockin' and rollin'! Tracey talked about her growing up in a house where her dad played the "fiddle." Right around that time, I got a new "listening center" for school that has a radio. I have been playing classical music during class. I've missed listening to it and it is relaxing. The kids were annoyed at first, but now they seem to like it. A week or so later, I caught an episode of Celtic Thunder on our local PBS station. They are a trio of men who have the coolest accents and sing all different kinds of songs - not just Irish or Scottish. Of course, they sang to an orchestra in the backround and I honed in on the violins. Explanation? I started playing the violin in 2nd grade and quit when I got to college. I could go on and rant about the different reasons why I quit, but they don't pertain to this so I'll let it go for now. A few days or a week later, Celtic Thunder was on again and as I paged down on the TV guide, I saw Celtic Women. I changed the chanel and there was this beautiful blonde Irish girl dancing and playing the violin. Once again, the heart panged for what was. I hate to sound like I'm bragging - but I was good. Better than good. I was Concert Mistress in grade school and played first violin my whole life of playing... A few days later, I was sitting in the room where we eat lunch at school and one of the teachers brought up Celtic Thunder. I was surprised but joined in the conversation and mentioned the Celtic Women. They had heard of them too and I said about the violin and how I used to play and they all started telling me I should play again. Then, last week I took Matt to the place where he gets his guitar lessons and they had a violin for sale. Not that I was going to buy it, I have one, but it was just this weird "here I am giving you a sign" type thing. Matt asked the woman if they gave violin lessons and she said no, but that there was a woman in Langhorne who does... Another "sign" for me?? She wrote her name, number and e-mail on a card. Then, we went Thursday night to a private viewing of the movie "Karate Kid" where Matt's demo team performed and guess what the "love interest" does - yes, you guessed it, plays the violin. So, is someone trying to tell me something??? I haven't contacted the person the guitar place gave me yet. I'm trying to figure out why I'm having this longing for playing again. It's been going on for about a good month now - really since listening to the boys and wanting to join in... also listening to the classical station and hearing pieces I used to play. So, I'm not sure why I'm really posting this either.... I thought maybe if I wrote it, I could get it out of my system. I don't know... maybe I'm looking for advice or another "sign." All I know is that it is bugging me and my mind keeps wandering to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment