Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Socks!!

Jarett finally decided on a blue-green mix for his socks. I'm using Sockotta #5618. Here is what I have so far:


Jarett's basic toe up socks


I'm doing a very basic toe-up pattern and as you can see, I like to knit both at the same time. The way I do this is to knit a few rows of one, and then a few rows of the next. When I keep track of my rows, I divide a piece of paper down the middle and use my stitch marker to tell which sock I'm working on. For instance, one has a purple marker and the other blue. I will tally rows on the side of the page labeled "blue" and then tally the same number of rows on the side labled "purple." Make sense? This helps to alleviate the dreaded second sock syndrome, which I so easily get!

No comments:

Post a Comment