Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Saturday, May 7, 2016

New Instagram Photo: May 07, 2016 at 11:16AM

It's hard for the camera to get the true depth of how dark my RSD/CRPS foot gets in a flare, so I used the timer so I could take a picture of both feet to show you the comparison. Even in this, it looks lighter than it does in person. Mini lesson- my foot is sending signals to my brain that it's injured (even though it's not) which causes my brain to then feel intense pain which causes the blood to rush to to it to try to heal the "injury." This continues as a never ending cycle. In basic terms, that is what RSD/CRPS is. I'm sure @gooch2169 and @bunybare can add more technical things. I'm in too much pain to think right now, but I get asked a lot to explain what it is. Oh, and yes, there are two names for this illness but it's the same thing. RSD stands for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and CRPS stands for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Feel free to ask questions. Awareness needs to be spread. #spoonie #rsd #crps #pain #burning 🔥


from Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment