Witchyknits4ewe

Follow my life of knitting, karate, living gluten free and family!







Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day?

Well.... not really, but here I am. Home, because school is canceled. I think I've been productive. I've done two loads of laundry and spun some on my wheel. It's not perfect yet - there is still some drag, but at least it's better than before. In case you didn't know, Matt threw a laundry basket down the stairs and it landed right into my wheel. Knocked it over, everything came apart.... I thought I was going to knock him out! So, it's usable, but not perfect. I did take more pictures so I can update my Rav page too. Here is my wheel!








Very pretty, huh?! The yarn that is on there is fleece that I am spinning up from a sheep farm. Someone gave me a trash bag full of newly shorn fleece and I had it washed and then actually carded it myself! Good thing to know that I don't really like that part so I won't be running out to buy my own combs or carder machine!

So, back to the snow... here is pretty pic of my backyard.




We put out our trusty taped together rulers to take measurements. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture at the time, but it was at 15". Here is the ruler now - it's packed down some so it's measuring at 11".


And a close up for you!


Isn't the tape pretty!!! Oh well, it works!

So, now I need to see if I can get the energy up to go through my patterns and match them up with all the Plymouth yarn I have. I'll edit yesterday's post so you can see some of the stash of Plymouth I have. Mind you, it's not all of it!!

Maybe I'll get a snack first...

No comments:

Post a Comment